The Vivienne dress is fitted with princess seam panels at the bodice, flowing into a flattering circle or box pleated slimmer cut skirt. It features a vintage Peter Pan collar, feature tabs with over-sized decorative buttons and closes with an invisible zip at the back. Choose from sleeveless or three quarter length sleeves, knee-length, short or peplum length. As shown in the gallery it makes a fabulous combo with the ‘Wonderland Cardigan’ and the ‘Western Blouse’ for a school uniform.
1-12 in regular and slender
For Size Chart Please Click Here
This dress is fitted and you don’t want it to be too loose-fitting. If you are making this dress for a special occasion such as a wedding reception or other big festivities, I would choose a gorgeous Dupion silk. But for a lovely summer dress, you need something more comfortable. To achieve this, choose a cotton sateen with around 3 % Lycra or Elastane. Sateen is not the same as satin! Satin drapes very well and sateen does not. It has a subtle sheen but creates a more structural silhouette. This works especially well with pleated skirts. Check out the customer gallery to see what they have created with the most gorgeous fabrics.
• Instantly downloadable pdf sewing pattern in English
• Video tutorials in English & German
• Written instructions (eBook) in English & German
• How to sew 3 types of skirt patterns: ‘Gathered Skirt’, ‘box pleated’ and ‘circle skirt’
• How to sew a sleeveless dress
• How to sew and insert a 3/4 length plain sleeve with integrated cuff/separate cuff
• How to insert a concealed zip.
• How to line a skirt and bodice
• How to sew and insert a Peter Pan collar
• Supported by 12 video tutorials (both for the girls and teen version)
Digital-PDF Pattern Download Instructions: Once you have purchased this pattern it will be available for download from your account straight away and you can print it at home on either DIN A4 or US letter size paper. You will be able to watch the video sewing course for your pattern at our sewing Academy. Just log into your account at frocksandfrolics.com and start learning.
Note for existing customers: We have updated our site to ensure a smoother learner experience and will stop operating the original academy site in July 2020. Please ensure you log into the new academy, right here at Frocks & Frolics. Please use the same email address and simply reset your password. If there are any paid products missing in your new account, please send me an email straight away.