Sizes: One size
One summer my sewing course ladies asked me to do a super cute and useful bag for them. So I went to work and created the ‘Out & About’ handbag.
This tote is super easy, has an on trend shape, recessed zip, side pockets and if you like even a front welt pocket.
You can make this pattern with feature strips across the front and back for Camper Vans, Beach Hut theme or anything else that you fancy designing. You could also do plain strips or appliqué a name onto it. I still had so many ideas, but 20 bags later I gave it a rest and now leave it up to you to come up with something spectacular!
Our step by step video and photo instructions are making sewing so much more enjoyable and even a beginner can now sew like a professional.
The pattern is available for immediate download so you can get started straight away.
You’ll receive an email immediately after purchase with a link to download PDF files of the pattern and instructions, which you can print at home on either A4 or US Letter paper.
Light to medium /heavy knit fabric and woven fabrics with at least 3% Elastane/Lycra (you may have to go up a size for woven fabrics)
4" depth, 10" high, 14" wide
- 32" of 50” wide heavyweight Home Dec fabric for the Exterior/ Oilcloth
- 20" of 50” (50 cm) wide coordinating medium weight cotton for the Lining
- 1 zip 13” for the main Fastening
- 1 zip 11" for the Welt Pocket
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread / 1 spool of top stitching thread
- A heavy weight sewing machine needle (90)
55" heavy duty webbing 1.5" wide